9.03.2009

The Nusery!

Finally, after months of hard work the nursery is nearly complete. We are waiting on the crib linens to arrive and to hang the chandelier. Don't worry we have a bassinet for her to sleep in during the early days.
I spent a lot of time researching nurseries and envisioned a sweet little girls haven. I was drawn to anything pink and white. After scouring the Internet for the perfect inspiration room, I found the one below, from housebeautiful.com. I love the pale pink walls combined with the crisp white furniture.
I converted the failed cowboy room into a room fit for a princess by painting the walls Sherwin Williams White Dogwood. The fresh coat of paint on the walls instantly elevated this room from the junk room to a nursery in the making. Kelsey and Cori came over for a night of painting, we finished painting the walls in less than 2 hours!
The rest of the room came together once the wall colors were up. I found the dresser and the wall shelf from an antique shop, and was able to get the changing table and the rocker off of craigslist for a steal. I painted the changing table and the wall shelf a soft white color to clean them up and they were ready to go. Finding crib linens proved to be a very difficult task. In my head I pictured a white crib with gauzy white linens, but I was unable to find anything remotely close to this without breaking the bank. In the back of my head I kept picturing the room with the linens from the Shabby Chic collection at Target, and after failing to find the white linens this is what I settled on. Going with my gut instinct payed off because I was able to find other items to incorporate the linens into the room.
Last weekend I put the finishing touches on the room by painting the frame above the crib and covering the letters with fancy paper. I also made the door hanger by painting a wooden frame, adding the letters, and painting the back of the frame with chalkboard paint. Now we can leave little messages on the door for our little one! I also made the bow hanger by painting on the background design, and adding her name and the ribbon for hanging her bows on.
Hope you all enjoy the nursery as much as I do, and I hope she will. It truly was a labor of love.

Here is the room before Kelsey, Cori and I worked some magic. How could anyone choose to paint a room like this?! UGH!
... after some late nights and a lot of hard work, the ugly room is transformed into a room fit for a princess!

5 comments:

  1. Your hard work paid off, it's beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandmary approves!!! You have done a great job! Now all we need is little Vivi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO PRETTY!! I DIdnt know you already had the blog! I will be a follower now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Erin! This room is beautiful! Nice job. I know Vivi will love it. :)

    -Tara Allison

    ReplyDelete