9.20.2009

Vivienne Marie


Well the little princess is finally here. She was born on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 10:45 pm. She weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces and was 22 inches long. A very healthy little girl!!

What a day that was! I checked into the hospital at 8 pm the day before to start the induction process. The next morning I was started on a Pitocin drip at 6:30. I began to finally start laboring around noon and over the next 10 hours only progressed to 3 cm dilated. At 10 pm we decided that a c-section would be the best route. 45 minutes later my daughter was here!

I am sure you are all wondering why the c-section was necessary, let me explain. Vivi was in what is called the posterior position, meaning that she was facing my abdomen as opposed to my back. Being in this position she was not able to apply enough pressure to help me dilate. To make matters worse, when we tried to change positions during labor her heart rate significantly dropped, causing much of the progress being made to come to a halt. To complicate matters further, it seems my pelvis was not separating enough to help accommodate her little body. It is most likely I would have had a c-section had we not chosen to induce on Wednesday. Ultimately, it seems she was just too darn comfortable to be willing to come into the world.

Regardless of how she was born, we are so happy to finally have her home. The past couple of nights have been pretty long. It is quite exhausting living with a newborn. Trey and I are trying to adjust to the life of the nocturnal and become familiar with her routine. It seems like such a guessing game! Right now Trey is taking a nap preparing for the cowboys game in a couple of hours. While he is down I will put up some pictures from the past 4 days. Hope y'all enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Erin! Vivi is just beautiful!!

    I don't really like to give parenting advice, but I wish some one had told me this when Lucy was first born:

    Try and get a must rest as you can while she's sleeping, it will help. I recommend the book, "The Baby Whisper." It really helped Kyle and I out while trying to get Lucy on a sleeping schedule. We started her on a schedule at about 6 weeks. It took a few days for her to get used to the schedule, but after that she was a pro. She started sleeping 7pm-7am at about 7 weeks and has continued doing so ever since! I will definitely start Penny on one earlier.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful and I'm so happy that you and Vivi are healthy. I hope you, Trey and Vivi are up here for Christmas as I would love to meet her. :) Let me know when you feel up to it as I would love to talk to you and hear about it all!

    I hope you recover quickly from the c-section!

    ReplyDelete