8.28.2009

Shower Booty!

18 more days to go!!!

Vivi sure is one lucky baby. At the shower she was lucky enough to receive some wonderful gifts, covering everything from feeding, to clothing, to bathing and beyond.

Sarah, my sister in law, put together a beautiful basket full of goodies, including Pampers diapers, wipes, Kissy Kissy clothes, a Little Giraffe velvet blanket and much more! I wish I took a picture of it because it was so cute, you could tell she put a lot of time and love into making such a special gift for her niece. Luke and Elizabeth also sent down a gift for Vivi that included some Mustela products. I had already purchased a little bit of this product, but am so glad to have some more! It smells so good, and even better is hypoallergenic and specially formulated to be used by newborns. We can't wait for Vivi's first bath! Click the image for more information.

Meet Lila Mouse, a cute little gift from Vivi's Grandmary. Lila mouse is made by a French company call Moulin Roty that makes some of the most charming children's toys. This is sure to be one of Vivi's favorite stuffed toys for years to come.

Trumpette Mary Jane Socks have been a very popular gift. Vivi received both the pastel Mary Jane's as well as the glitter Mary Jane's. These socks are so cute on little girls because they look like shoes but are also functional with grippers on the bottom. Trumpette also makes the socks in other shoe styles ranging ballerina and a Texas favorite, cowgirl!

Another gift I am super excited about is the long sleeved kimono onesie by BabySoy and matching pants, a big thank you to Jana. I am all about helping out the environment and jumping on board with the Green Movement so why not add going green to the baby list as well. BabySoy makes their baby layettes using eco-friendly soybean fibers. Not only is the clothing made from a renewable resource it is also super soft and I can imagine it will only get softer after more washings. You can find BabySoy at Zoe + Jack in Fort Worth.

One of the most useful gifts that we received is the Chicco Coventry Travel System in Discovery. A huge thank you to Meredith, Lisa, Mallon, Kelsey and Cori!!! It was very difficult to pick out a system that meets multiple functions, the most important of all, my child's safety. I was recommended this product by Jaclyn (Thanks!) who was very satisfied after using it with two of her children. After looking at a couple of different options on the market I settled with this product because of the reviews it received and many of its different features. Now I can rest at night knowing that I actually have a car seat to take my little bundle of joy home in. Next stop, the fire station, to make sure it is securely installed!

Trey and I took the time Wednesday night to get out the new swing and put it together. It was a lot easier than I anticipated and is so cute! The seat is super soft, I wish I had one for me to snuggle in! I have heard from so many parents that having a swing is a huge help as it can help soothe a colicy baby, rock them to sleep, and provide entertainment. This is the first item to be added to the living room and provide evidence that there is in fact a baby on the way, apart from my growing belly. A big thank you to Debbie Lee!

Thank you to everyone else to attended the shower as well as those who could not make it but sent something special for Vivi. We are scheduled to receive Vivienne's crib tomorrow between 12 and 4 so keep a look out for a post showing off her beautiful nursery.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Erin! Good luck, you're going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you started a blog, Erin, great idea! You look beautiful in your photos - and finally look pregnant!

    ReplyDelete