Today was our first swim of the summer! We went over to Great Grandmama and Great Granddad's house to enjoy their pool and the warm weather. There was a little bit of a scare, when Lizzie jumped into the water without her life jacket. It reminded us adults how diligent we have to be about the kids wearing their life jackets and watching them closely around the water. Thanks to Trey's heroics, Lizzie was just fine and back to her usual giggly self in no time. Despite the brief drama, we had a great time with the family, cooling down a bit. I am feeling thankful that Vivi still gets a little bit nervous in the water. She definitely does not want to swim on her own. I am hoping by the end of the summer she will be more comfortable and understand that the pool can be a fun but dangerous place without someone to swim with. I am hoping next year we will even do swimming lessons!

No comments:
Post a Comment