6.12.2010

Little Cruiser

Vivi has hit a couple of milestones since my last post. She is officially a cruiser. This means life has suddenly become much more hectic. Everyone always says to enjoy the time before your baby becomes mobile, and I felt like I did, but it sure did go by quickly! I used to be able to lay the sweet little blob on the floor and she would entertain herself for hours, or like 10 min, while I cleaned the kitchen or took a load of laundry out. Not so much anymore. These days we must constantly monitor her. She has a magnetic like draw to any cord in sight and wants to put anything and everything into her mouth. I tried my best to baby proof the house but lets be honest, as much as you try they magically get into everything. So we will continue to monitor her and use the exersaucer and pack’n’play to keep her contained. As exhausting as all of this is, it is wonderful to look at the world through her eyes.

In addition to the cruising she is officially feeding herself, kinda. Most of the food ends up on the floor, but this is definite progress from the days of finely pureed foods. I am continuing to make her food and it is becoming easier and easier as she is beginning to eat food that are closer to what we eat. Thankfully she enjoys her food and there are not too many things that she dislikes. I tried a couple of weeks ago to make her a veggie rice bowl, that didn’t go over to0 well but other than that she continues to gobble those pieces of food down!

Here are some photos of the past couple of weeks. We took a trip up to Wichita Falls and couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful time celebrating Mary and David's anniversary as well as playing with cousins Luke and Elizabeth.

1 comment:

  1. She is precious! What foods did you start with as far as feeding herself goes and when?

    ReplyDelete