4.05.2010

Nana Visits

This week we have been so lucky to have my mom, Vivi's Nana, visit for a week. It has been so nice to have her here helping out with Vivi and making our lives a little less hectic, if only for a short time. Trey and I are going to miss the delicious home cooked meals and Vivi will miss having her Nana to play with every day.

Mom got in on Monday afternoon, and after getting briefly lost on DFW's mazes of highways found our house. Vivi was so happy to see her that she reached for her as soon as she arrived, and proceeded to rest her little head on her shoulder. I love when Vivi does this to me, so I can only imagine how happy that made my mom. I know that it was the highlight of her day.

The rest of the week has gone by in a blur, unfortunately both Trey and I had to work all week. I was lucky enough to get Good Friday off of work, so Mom, Vivi and I headed up to Southlake for a little shopping. The Town Center is full of temptations, and JCrew ended up being my soft spot. We also found the cutest summer clothes for Vivi at Janie and Jack, who always has adorable children's clothes.

After our fun day of shopping we loaded up the car for the weekend and headed out of town. We headed up to the Lawton ranch, so that we could show my mom a new part of the country. This was her first trip to Oklahoma! The first time I went to the ranch I called her to tell her where I was going, and she couldn't believe I was driving "all the way to Oklahoma"! The weather was perfect for a ranch trip, the night sky was so clear you could see the stars. Friday night we grilled up some delicious steaks and played a lively board game, including the ranch manager, Tom, who always livens things up.

Saturday, Vivi and I woke up early and went for a walk outside, checking out the grazing cattle and watching Drake and Winston explore. The morning was gorgeous and Mom and Trey joined us for a walk up to Bathtub Canyon. The wet winter that we had kept bathtub flowing, and was Drakes heaven. It was sad to see the devastation that the ice storm had on the trees while we were on our walk. It will take years for the trees to recover from that storm.

Following our morning hike, we headed into Wichita Falls for the Annual Crawfish boil and Easter Sunday. It was fun to see everyone and Vivi was so excited to see Molly! We hope to have another playdate the next time we go to Wichita. The weekend was jam packed, but full of fun. We are already looking forward to Nana's next visit to Fort Worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment