After spending Christmas in Seattle and playing with Jeff’s camera for the week, Trey and I decided we needed a new camera to document Vivi’s first year and beyond. After looking into the benefits of a Nikon and a Canon, and checking out different sales we decided to get a Canon Rebel XSi, and I LOVE IT! I spent the entire weekend reading the instruction manual and checking out the The Pioneer Woman, which has a photography section with tutorials on how to use digital SLR cameras. I learned all about aperture, exposure, ISOs, and composition. I have already learned so much just by playing with it and have discovered I really like to take close ups with a wide aperture. I love how you can get a crisp image up close and have a background details blurry. The pictures I have started taking of Vivi are much better quality than the ones I had been taking with my point and shoot camera. Keep checking in to see some of my shots of my Vivi Girl!

Erin-she is just precious. I have been thinking about getting a new camera as well. I have heard lots of good things about the Canon Rebel and this cute picture makes me want to go get one today. Keep posting your great pics!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for following Hoity Toity Baby! I am so jealous of your camera! Enjoy it and I know ... you will take millions of pictures of your precious little peanut!
ReplyDelete