10.29.2009

Big Grins

I am sorry that I have not been keeping everyone updated lately. Things have gotten busy around here, although I am beginning to have a little more ME time, which is so nice. I recently started Vivi on a routine created by the Baby Whisperer, Tracy Hogg. A friend from my sorority who has a little girl recommended it to me shortly after Vivi was born, and I finally got around to picking up the book this week. Man I wish that I had the book sooner because we are making progress in just the first week. Vivi has gone from only sleeping in my arms and falling asleep while feeding to being on somewhat of a routine. We are still trying to get things more consistent, but the way things are going now I am getting a couple 45 min naps throughout the day, and one long nap in the afternoon! It is amazing. Now I have time to shower, make the bed, clean the kitchen, pick up around the house, pay the dogs some attention, make dinner, and surf the Internet. A couple of weeks ago I would have never thought this day would arrive! Surprisingly, having this me time is making me less sleepy! So right now I am a happy girl. This week we have been working on the routine and taking naps in Vivi's crib. I am proud to say that she is doing great at both. Right now she is sleeping and has been down for 45 minutes already, lets hope we can get over the hump!!

Miss V is also reaching her milestones on target. Right now she is all smiles! She is such a happy girl and will give almost anyone a big grin. Seeing her sweet smile is so fun and it is coming out more and more. On Saturday we went over to Sam and Mallon's to watch the TCU-BYU game (go Frogs!) and she had so much fun entertaining all of the girls there. After a little while she got a little cranky and worn out, but did so good since it was her first trip to someone's house and had never been around that many people.

This weekend we are excited for Halloween. Unfortunately I have not had any time to decorate the house, and whether or not we do pumpkin carving this year is still up in the air. But for right now we are super excited about our costume! We are going with a family theme this year and cannot wait to show everyone the pictures. Kelsey and Blaine will be having a party at their house which we are going to go to for a short while. Trey is going to go as a gardener, I am going as a garden hoe, and Vivi and the dogs are going as our pumpkin patch! It is going to be great. I will post pictures next week sometime. In the meantime here is a sweet picture of Vivi, all smiles, it must be because she thought she looked so cute in her Juicy Couture outfit!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear the Baby Whisper is working for you! Stick with it, its a lifesaver!!

    Vivi is so darn cute! That little smile is just precious. I miss having a little baby around, Lucy is walking already! But I guess I'll get my baby-fill soon enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete